10 strong candidates for the 2022 Golden Ball title: Messi – Ronaldo is absent
22 Mar 2022 | 10:46
Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo did not make it into the top 10 candidates for the 2022 Golden Ball award voted by Goal.
Lewandowski’s incredible 2021
10. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) – Defender of The Kop is going through a sublime season when he has 17 assists and 2 goals in all competitions.
9. Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid) – The Brazilian striker has made great progress, especially in scoring. He has 17 goals and 14 assists in all competitions.
8. Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City) – The 31-year-old star is sublimating with 22 goals and 7 assists in all competitions.
7. Bernardo Silva (Manchester City) – The Portuguese midfielder is a dangerous nucleus in the attack of The Citizens, having 10 goals and 4 assists in all competitions.
6. Sadio Mane (Liverpool) – Besides 14 goals and 2 assists for The Kop, Mane also holds a great advantage thanks to the AFCON championship.
5. Luka Modric (Real Madrid) – The owner of the 2018 Golden Ball is still playing extremely persistently at the age of 36. Modric is still an important nucleus in the midfield of Los Blancos.
4. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) – Mbappe personally is still explosive when he has 26 goals and 17 assists in all competitions. However, PSG’s early stop in the Champions League will make him lose.
3. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – The 29-year-old star has 28 goals and 10 assists for The Kop. Salah has the opportunity to improve his position, when the Red Brigade has 3 arenas to set the championship target.
2. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) – Aged 34, Benzema is still the leader in the attack of Los Blancos with 32 goals and 13 assists since the beginning of the season.
1. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) – The Polish striker has 45 goals in all competitions for the Gray Lobster, an extremely terrible performance.